Zoom has provided this page to help you effectively use it’s platform:
Important things to know:
- You will be automatically muted upon entering the call. Muting yourself (button found on bottom left of meeting screen on computers or top right on mobile device) when you are not speaking is the best way to reduce noise and help others communicate more clearly. If you mute yourself on a computer you can briefly unmute yourself with the spacebar.
- If you are tuning in by yourself, headphones are another good way to reduce noise.
- Poor WiFi speed can create a lag in the connection. If this is an issue for you, you may need to turn off your video feed.
Follow these steps for computer:
- Click the meeting link above.
- Click on either the “go to download” button, or “Download Center – Zoom.”
- Click the blue download button for “Zoom Client for Meetings.”
- Open the downloaded file.
- Once you join the meeting, select “Join with Video,” and “Join with Computer Audio.”
Follow these steps for smartphone
- Download Zoom Cloud Meetings from either the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
- [Optional] Make an account and Sign in.
- Input Meeting ID to join meeting.
- Once you join select “Join with Video,” and “Call using Internet Audio.”
For more info about joining a meeting, refer to this video: