Call to Worship
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened,
and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me;
for I am gentle and humble in heart
and you will find rest for your souls.
Song of Praise
All people that on earth do dwell
Sing to the Lord with cheerful voice
Him serve with fear His praise forth tell
Come now before Him and rejoice
O enter then His gates with praise
Approach with joy His courts unto
Praise laud and bless His name always
For it is seemly so to do
For why the Lord our God is good
His mercy is forever sure
His truth at all times firmly stood
And shall from age to age endure
Praise God from whom all blessings flow
Praise Him all creatures here below
Praise Him above ye heavenly host
Praise Father Son and Holy Ghost
Romans 14:1-4, 7–10, 13, 19
As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. 2 One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. 3 Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and olet not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. 4 Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master1 that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand.
7 For none of us lives to himself, and none of us dies to himself. 8 For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord’s. 9 For to this end Christ died and lived again, that he might be Lord both of the dead and of the living.
10 Why do you pass judgment on your brother? Or you, why do you despise your brother? For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God…
13 Therefore let us not pass judgment on one another any longer, but rather decide never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of a brother. … 19 Let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.
This is the Word of the Lord
Praise to you Lord Christ
Text any dollar amount to 84321 to give by smartphone.
Checks may also be mailed to the church. Many banks will mail out checks for you using their Bill Pay feature.
Holy Father, Son and Spirit
Holy Communion, Three-in-one.
Come with your peace,
With your invitation
Bind us together in Holy love.
HEARING GOD’S WORD
“Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. 3 Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.
6 “Do not give dogs what is holy, and do not throw your pearls before pigs, lest they trample them underfoot and turn to attack you.
This is the Word of God,
Praise to you Lord Christ
PERSONAL PRAYER OF ILLUMINATION
Take a moment to prepare your heart to hear God’s Word.
Ask the Holy Spirit to speak what you need to hear today.
Celebrating the Lord’s Supper
- Take a moment to mourn the fact that our church body is not able to assemble all together this Sunday.
- Pray that the Lord would work to enable us to return to a fuller communion with one another soon.
- Give thanks that though we do not celebrate the sacrament of Communion together today – we yet have true communion with Jesus and one another through the power of the Holy Spirit, who dwells in every believer, giving us union with Christ and all his people.
- Ask God to grow in you a deeper hunger and desire to commune with him and his people in this time of waiting and separation.
Heal us, Emmanuel, here we are
We long to feel Thy touch
Deep wounded souls to Thee we fly
O Savior hear our cry
1. Our faith is feeble, we confess
We faintly trust Thy word
But will You pity us the less?
Be that far from You Lord!
2. Remember him who once applied
With trembling for relief
“Lord, I believe,” with tears he cried
“O help my unbelief!”
3. She, too, who touched you in the press
And healing virtue stole
Was answered, “Daughter, go in peace
Thy faith has made thee whole.”
4. Like her, with hopes and fears we come
To touch You if we may
O send us not despairing home
Send none unhealed away
Benediction and closing
RSVP to next week’s Communion Service HERE
For this week’s children ministry, click here.
Pray Together Today
Join today’s zoom meetings for a time of prayer at 11:30am
Click on this link: https://zoom.us/j/334310585
Or call in by phone +1 669 900 6833
Meeting ID is: 334 310 585
Sermon Discussion Questions
Answer these questions based off the service, songs, and sermon you just participated in. If you are with family or roommates, answer them together. If not, consider calling someone from church and discussing these together:
- What was one thing that you really needed to hear today?
- What was the main point of the sermon, and how is that good news for Santa Barbara?
- Was there anything said (sung, read, prayed, etc.) that that spoke to your current fears, hopes, or needs?
- Which idols are you tempted to run to during uncertain times? Why is God better than those idols?
- What would your life look like if you really believed the main point of the sermon?
- What is one thing you wish you could tell your unbelieving neighbor?