The purpose of the Deacons’ Fund is to provide financial aid to an individual or family who is in need on an urgent basis. The Deacons’ Fund may not be applicable for cases which need long-term financial support. The church has the right to adjust or to disapprove an applicant’s request and may consider providing assistance other than monetary help.
If approved, financial assistance for the applicant’s need will be paid directly to the business provider. Assistance may also be provided in the form of goods or services. The type of aid that is appropriate depends on the individual’s needs and available resources.
1. Legal fees related to family disputes
2. Long-term and repetitive expenses
1. The form will be submitted to all Deacons for approval (note: typically, this will happen during a regular meeting but can happen if it is an emergency).
2. The Deacons will approve or deny the request, or ask for additional information.
3. If approved, the applicant will be contacted by the Administrator to determine the distribution of the check.
4. A Deacon may follow up with the recipient and give an update at the next Deacons’ meeting.
At the discretion of the deacons, you may be requested (if married, both husband and wife) to do one or more of the following:
1. Provide documentation regarding your income, expenses, and other financial information.
2. Participate in financial counseling.